Monday, December 5, 2011

Tradition...

Sweetheart and I had many traditions.

One of them was to have breakfast every morning before I left for work. We would a hot bowl of cream of wheat or oatmeal. Sweetie really enjoyed the breakfast streusel.We would have at least 4 different kinds in the freezer to choose from.

Another tradition was that we always sat down for dinner together. It was time where we would tell what happened that day. After being away all day, sweetheart really looked forward to our time together during dinner.

Another tradition was having Sunday breakfast, sweetie would like works: eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns, coffee, and juice. On a good morning, we would sometime have breakfast in the veranda. We would look at the sun rise while having our meal. When we had our pets, Clarence, Truffle, Yuki, Alba, and Amy, they would join us on the veranda. The whole family would be together.

As you can see, most of our tradition here was around food. Sweetie and I really enjoyed cooking and eating. Sweetie had cooking skills taught to him by his mother while they managed a restaurant. And then, the developed his cooking skills, when Sweetie ran a restaurant in So. California.

For me, I learn my cooking skills from Sweetie and his mom, Marie. She was great a lady. One of the traditions Marie had was she canned during the summer. We would a care package of pickled beets (my favorite), chow chow, green beans, etc. Marie was the best. I always wanted to learn from her. But, I didn't get the chance to spend a summer and watch and learn from her.

With my Sweetheart gone, these traditions are memories for me that I hold deeply in my heart. As I think of them now, my eyes begin to swell and tears begin to form. But, these are good tears.

Miss you Sweetie. Say hi to Mom Marie for me in heaven.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment